RIP - Poem For A Skydiver

We recently lost a friend in a skydiving accident. The prayer card at the wake contained the following poem.

The words describe this person perfectly and I just thought that I would share them with you all.

"Flight is freedom in its purest form To dance with the clouds which follow a storm; To roll and glide, to wheel and spin, to feel the joy that swells within.

To leave the earth with troubles and fly, and know the warmth of a clear spring sky; Then back to earth at the end of a day, released from the tensions which melted away.

Should my end come while I am in flight, whether brightest day or darkest night, Spare me your pity and shrug off the pain, secure in the knowledge that I'd do it again.

For each of us is created to die, and within me I know, I was born to fly."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Sorry for the loss, but I like the attitude. Thanks, was worth sharing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski