Rip Fence Alignment

I am not going to try and recall who the particpants were. Basically there was one person arguing that the 90 degree setting was required to make the alignment and not listening to replies that it did not matter as long as the setting remained fixed. John

Reply to
John

Align the table slots to the blade, then align the fence to the table.

Set it wide at the back by the average parallelism error in setting the fence - i.e. if your fence is accurate and stays square when you adjust it, then you can set it exactly parallel. If your fence wobbles, then adjust it so that at least it never wobbles to be constricting.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That was my fault, sorry to say. I was trying to figger out how to line up my shiny new Crapsman, and it descended into that. About a year ago I reckon.

Reply to
Silvan