Ridgid TS2400LS Tablesaw. Opinions?

I'm curious if anyone here has used the Ridgid TS2400LS tablesaw?

The April 2004 issue of Workbench magazine rates it as the editors choice for jobsite tablesaws, and it "seems" to fit well with my needs. But, I cannot find much information about it online. I only found one review which was also positive, but I would like to hear some first hand reports from people who actually own the saw.

And no, I have not had the opportunity to visit the local Home Depot and check it out myself yet...

Thanks,

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

i dont own one, but here is a link to pics, specs, etc that you may find handy.

Reply to
js

I have an older (Emerson built) saw that I like, but I'm still pissed that Emerson skipped the anti-corrosion coatings on every steel part down to the 10¢ springs... Here is South Florida the humidity is high and rust started appearing within a couple of months. I took it apart and cleaned it up and keep the parts coated with a dry a coating. Once I tuned up the saw and made a zero clearance insert it has worked very well.

I have looked over the new (Ryobi built) saw and there have been many improvements including rust prevention, a blade height lock and a better miter gauge slot ("t" type). I'm not sure it would really last on a job site but for my hobbyist uses it works great. And that new, sexy orange is hard to resist! If I thought I wouldn't get killed trying to sell my older saw I'd buy the new one to replace it. I can move it around myself, it stores easily and compactly. If you really don't need a portable saw I would go for a heavier version with the bigger table though.

Hope this helps...

Phil

Reply to
Philip E. Davis