Ridgid CMS - start switch sticks?

Hi all:

I have a Ridgid 10" compound miter saw I haven't used for a while. I fired it up last night to make a quick cut. The on/off switch is on the handle...you grip the handle to turn it on, and (theoretically) release the handle to switch the blade off.

So I finished my cut last night, released the handle, and...IT WAS STILL ON. Yikes. Tried squeezing the handle again a couple times to see if it would "click off", nothing. I had to reach around and unplug the danged thing to get it to stop.

Now, I'm afraid to start it back up again. I realize this is a pretty short description, but...does this sound like a user-fixable problem, or should I cart it back to Home Depot (where I bought it a couple years ago), and see if they'd exchange it?

Jim

Reply to
jimjonesWRS

Mike Berger