Replacing sandpaper clips on PC 330

The clips that hold the sandpaper to the PC330 failed last week. Looks like a fatigue failure. I purchased a new pair of clips and managed to get the old ones off. Now, I need to put the new ones on - while holding the springs in a "tensioned" position. Anybody performed this miracle before?

How?

Thanks, Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Bwhaahahaahahaha!

Been there, gave up. Never even used the clamps and it failed after maybe 20 hours of use, and it doesn't work without the clamps even with PSA paper - not enough mass I guess. I spent probably 4 hours trying to get that thing on there and I finally decided life was too short, and the replacement rod was probably made from the same crap pot metal and was probably going to break again in short order anyway. They don't make em like they used to.

Good luck.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

It can be done, you almost need 3 hands. Mine broke and I took it and the unbroken one off. Then the sander would not work at all. It took me probably 30 minutes to get both back on. ;~( I bought the replacement pad assembly per the PC stores recomendation, I was not going through that again.

Reply to
Leon