Refinishing the EDGE of a Dining Room Table

I have round table with two leaves that has a lip around the edge - about 1/8" vertical from the table top, then rounded to the edge. The table top is formica or laminate. The top is okay, but the edge is dirty and sticky. I want to remove the dirt and years of goop and refinish it to match the top. The chairs I have purchased are very light upholstery. I do not want the finish to rub off on the chairs. What are the best products to use?

Reply to
BDP1037

Given a laminate top this is undoubtedly mass-produced furniture and will not have any exotic materials or finishes so simple mineral spirits and some energetic rubbing with an old rag are usually a good starting point. Several applications are sometimes needed to get the gunky old finish off. Often, no refinishing is needed.

Reply to
John McGaw