Recommendation: Porter Cable or Dewalt biscuit joiner

maico wrote:

In that case, return the Dewalt. I have the PC, it's a great machine. The Dewalt is probably a good machine as well. If you think you might use the face frame biscuits, then it's worth the extra $50 or whatever to get the PC (It's been a long time, so I don't know). Plus, it seems like you will be happier with the PC.
I just saw the PC on sale at Home Depot. I assume it's the same model.
I must say though, I haven't used the face frame biscuits that much. On a few small things. If you are going to make a lot of face frames, get a kreg jig, along with this clamp.. http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/12282 .. Then use a clamp like a Bessey K-body to clamp the the face frame "T" shape (the wood) to the face frame clamp. That lines up the pieces in that dimension (basically the alignment that a biscuit would give you). Sorry if that is not clear, I can explain better if need be.
Well, thank you all again for your input. I just returned the Dewalt and then purchased the PC 557 biscuit joiner and it is a Type 3. In total, it cost $92.00 more than the Dewalt but I feel it is worth the extra expense due to the three main upgraded features as I mentioned in this thread.
Thanks again!
bf wrote:

maico wrote:

$92? 8^(
Coastal Tool sells the DW for $145 & the PC for $172.
B A R R Y wrote:

Is that US or CAN dollars? I am talking CAN.
maico wrote:

Sorry, USD.