PC biscuit joiner dust collection

Those biscuits need a LOT of gravy!! har har har :) Yes I do feel better now - thanks for caring.

I have a PC 557 type 3 biscuit joiner. As y'all know it's terrible with the default dust bag and collection. Is there a way to improve dust collection other than attaching a shop vac? But what's more noise at this point? Just curious. Thanks.

Reply to
xxxx

Mine collects a lot of dust without even being plugged in.

Reply to
krw

I don't have a PC, mine's a Freud, biscuit jointer but I use a shop vac connection I made to collect the debris. Yeah, it's a little noisy (with the jointer off it kind of sounds like a B52 throttling up for take off) but it collects 100% of the debris! I highly recommend at least giving it a try.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

xxxx wrote in news:XnsA312A15A8B45Cdontenenthinkaboutit@69.16.179.22:

What kind of gravy do you like with your biscuits? Good ol' Elmer's White Glue or a wood glue like Titebond? :-)

You can get quieter vacuums. I "invested" in a Fein that was repaired twice under warranty and purchased a Ridgid WD1450 while the Fein was being worked on again. The Ridgid is by no means quiet, but is much quieter than most other shop vacs. (The store display showed it as 4 out of 10 with the others usually around 8. Who knows what the units mean?)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Depends on the glue up time and type of wood. I am gluing up a panel of maple 18x60 right now.. no biscuits, but I used white glue. Give me a little more time to align the panels than titebond.

Normally I use titebond, but I also use elmers stainable too..

No one glue does it all.

Reply to
woodchucker

Funny, my brain knows what I want to type, my fingers don't always follow... I often read my posts and go WHAT??????

Give me should have been gives me.....

Somedays, you must think I am an uneducated bumpkin... like stair vs. stare...

I think some of it is the keyboard, I press the chars, but they don't always come through, and I am typing at a high rate of speed... so I don't always notice.

Reply to
woodchucker

woodchucker wrote in news:ioydnTAiPZvas8zOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

I'm content to let errors and mistakes go. I make them all the time. (I like to tell people that errors are part of how I was designed, thus I am working according to design and therefore perfect.)

If the typo's funny, though, expect some sort of response. That thread about Titbond glue a few years ago is a good example. ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper