pc biscuit jointer dust collection

The dust bag on my PC biscuit jointerr is practically useless. Chips are uhung up going into the bag because of the reinforcement ridge on the plastic nozzle / bag holder. Any ideas on how to improve dust collection out of the jointer? TIA

Reply to
lucky4fingers

Well, it works fine until it clogs. But that only takes a couple minutes, so yeah, it is pretty useless. I put my vacuum on it. It is completely dust free. A bit harder to use, but you can't have everything.

Reply to
Toller

Dewalt is no better. The dust bag issue is some sort of a joke on the consumer, isn't it?

Tom in KY, never cared for a dirt bag.

Reply to
Squarei4dtoolguy

I get a full bag quickly on my 557. It's quite effective. I'm wondering if there's been a design change since I got mine about 4 years ago.

Reply to
David

I bought the 1" porter cable vacuum hose which is long and super flexible. It fits perfectly over the dust port on the PC 557 biscuit joiner and is reasonably manageable. I adapted the hose to a cheap portable vaccuum. The biscuit joiner does a much better job when you keep the dust sucked away with a vacuum, in my experience.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

On Sat 21 Jan 2006 11:36:58p, David wrote in news:vbKdnYa_JM1khE7enZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I wonder the same thing. The old-style Ryobi I have (old-style because it looks like a "normal" biscuit jointer) never clogs and it can cut quite a few slots before I have to empty the bag.

Since it's the only one of those things I've ever owned, I didn't know it was an issue.

Reply to
Dan

No idea about the PC, but judging from my Craftsman/Dewalt BJ, I'd guess that the bag is pretty much for the field or occasional user... I use mine with a vac. hose and it's great..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Those are handy!

The same hose can be used for sanders, power planes, etc... of almost any brand, if you have some duct tape and maybe a cardboard shim.

Shop Vacs with drywall bags or HEPA filters do a much better job than dust collectors when a 1" hose is involved. Sears sells a $20 auto switch to make the vacuum you already own turn on and off with the tool.

I've also found that the velcro straps sold in office supply stores are great for wrapping the power cord to the hose.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y