port cable bisuit cable & collection bag

Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up takeing the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way. Shopvac connection seems cumbersome. TIA

Reply to
me

I use a cumbersome Shop Vac, with an auto switch. I wrap the power cord around the hose. It isn't as bad as it seems.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Same set-up works for me too. If the Shop Vac set-up is *cumbersome* with a biscuit joiner, wait 'til he tries it with a router. Bah!!

Max

Reply to
Max

Porter Cable offers a hose that will fit that opening and will attach to a shop vac with a adapter.

bag is a waste of time...

me wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I have noticed that Norm lets the debris fly when he uses his PC plate joiner. I suspect that if there was an easy fix, the sponsor would have provided one. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I have the same prob with my PC chopsaw. Plunging end grain produces mostly dust, which the dust port handles easily. Plunging into edge grain produces lots of little ribbons, which clog the works quickly. I suspect you're cutting a lot of edge joints? Alas, no easy fix, but a pencil will clear the port if need be.

Reply to
Father Haskell

That was only when he used the PC version.

I thought he had DC on the Lamello he normally uses but now that I think about it, I'm not really sure.

I know that the PC versi>> Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter

Reply to
Pat Barber

In the latest episodes of NYW that I saw back in the Spring when he was redoing his friends kitchen he was using the PC and it was throwing up a rooster tail of wood chips.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Pat Barber

LRod could clear this mystery up. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Mine works fine when keeping the machine horizontal, but if I tip it to cut slots downwards it instantly clogs. Probably something to do with gravity.

I just let them fly.

Reply to
BillB

He seems to have drifted away from the group. I haven't seen him in a while.

I believe he hangs out at WoodCentral these days.

Le>> Yep...that was the first time I recall him using the

Reply to
Pat Barber