Biscuit Joiner

I am looking to buy a biscuit joiner. Unfortunately, at this time I can't afford the $175 (DeWalt) or $200 (Porter Cable) models. I am loking for one that has a thumscrew adjustment so that both sides of the elevation plane raise and lower simultaneously. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
DoYouReallyCare

Yeah save your money why buy a cheapie?

Reply to
martin

Iamnot asks:

Used.

Charlie Self "Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance." Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
Charlie Self

My Mom got a miss priced Ryobi (sp?) for a damned good price. $50? $60?

Saw a DeWalt in good condition with case go for $125 ~ at auction. More than I would pay. Rather borrow Mom's.

Basically the guy got a proven machine with accessories for $50+ less than retail. And no Tax.

I like buying used.

Reply to
Mark

Somebody's selling a PC #556 on WoodCentral classifieds:

Mike

If you can't afford it at this time, look into getting the cutting head and blades for your router from Sears. I have one and it works fine for most projects. You don't have the 45 degree cutting availability but for 90 degree cutting does OK. Chuck Callaghan snipped-for-privacy@virginia.edu

Reply to
Charles Callaghan

Get a King; $120 Canadian and they're a good machine for the money.

Ed

Reply to
Ed G

SOLD! Actually, I found a DeWalt 682K on ebay for $100. It had been used as a demo toold for about 2 hours (not all of it running time). So, with TTL, etc., I am paying $100 and it will be here next week. The seller's name is Strasser-Hardware and they are located in Kansas City, Kansas. They have been in business for almost 90 years so they are a reputable company to do business with.

I appreciate all of your responses.

Michael

Reply to
DoYouReallyCare