BISQUIT JOINERS???

I am in need of a new biscuit joiner and am looking for recommendations. I am hobbyist so Lamello is not a realistic option. Thinking more on the lines of DeWalt or Porter-Cable

Thanks Scott

Reply to
res0orrw

Not to be rude, but have you Google the archives for this? We've discussed this issue ad nauseam. Tons of opinions to be had on a search.

Dave

res0orrw wrote:

Reply to
David

Porter Cable Type III

Reply to
Leon

I've got the 557 and for me it's a mixed bag. I hate the "give" between the fence and the motor. I love the fence's flexibility (degrees of movement). Would I recommend it? hmmm... If you don't need 135 degrees, go with the competition. Avoid Ryobi BJ like the plague. I'd love a Lamello, but every time I have a functional tool i can't float a replacement past SWMBO. If there's a tool I don't have, THEN she's more than agreeable for a new acquisition. Don't you hate it when SWMBO is so sensible.

Dave

res0orrw wrote:

Reply to
David

When a tool is a better grade, you'll be more likely to use that tool. In case of the Lamello, the joint is so nicely done, that it makes me smile a little every time.... assuming you use their cookies and adhesive dispenser (I use the MiniCol). So it's a hundred-and-a-half more than the PC... I have seen them as low as 349.00....worth every penny. BUT....it's edging itself away from the 'tool' side of the equation and heading more to towards the 'instrument' column.

One Lamello Classic..and a dozen 60" KBodyies.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

Reply to
Robatoy

To each their own but I have a Makita and while it works great, it now gathers dust. I just don't use it anymore and opt for pocket holes anywhere the joint won't show. I don't even use it for edge gluing as I prefer nothing and it hasn't let me down yet.

I hear the Porter Cable is good but I liked the Makita because it was free of whistles and bells and the fence is easy to adjust.

Don

Reply to
D. J.

================ I have owned a Porter Cable Type III for a couple of years now and it does work... not much else I can say....

BUT like Don... Mine gathers a lot of dust..... hardly ever use it for edge gluing table tops etc...

Pocket holes are not my favorite method but to be honest I also use them more then my Bisquit jointer...

Bob G. .

Reply to
Bob G.

I'm new to "bisquits". I bought an inexpensive Freud. I looked at some others (yellow and grey colored). The Freud seemed solid. I figured I didn't need the extras bells and whistles of the more expensive units. Came with a case couple of different blades, dust bag and biscuits. All for $79. Do I get a gloat?

Never seen a Lamello except on TV - Its the red and gold colored one Norm uses?

Reply to
No

I have the DeWalt and am well satisfied with it. My observation form reading this NG is that owners of either brand are by and large satisfied with them.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering where B&D will go with this and some of the other PC tools now that they've bought PC & Delta?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

I recommend the Type III as it is the latest and probably only new one available but supposedly an improvement over their Type II. Personally I have an early Type I. The type I was the original design and not a "fixed" design, "read that as a Type II", that was designed to keep PC out of how water with DeWalt. The Type I is probably the better of the 3.

Reply to
Leon

"No" wrote in news:d8p0um$r4s$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org:

Sure. And so do I for grabbing the DeWalt, new, for $99 at a Wooddorking Show a couple of years ago. I like the DeWalt.

A'yup. (Assuming you're asking a question.)

I have switched to Lamello Biscuits, however. And find them much more suitable than the "Tube o' Porter Cable Biscuits" I was grabbing from Home Depot.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

To China of course.

Reply to
Hax Planx

Reply to
bronzzy

Patrick Conroy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

I've had nothing but good experience with the DeWalt, although I paid more than $99. It's reliable, repeatable, and does what it's supposed to do. Fancier joints get made with other methods.

Reliability counts for more than good looks. Thank goodness.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Otherwise I'd be single. *s*