2" Blade for Dewalt Biscuit Joiner

Has anyone had experience with the 2" blade Highland Hardware sells for the Dewalt Biscuit Joiner to use with FF (Face Frame) biscuits? I bought one ($50) from them and bought some Porter Cable biscuits locally. It turns out this is a Lamello blade and it cuts a thinner slot than the Porter Cable biscuits. I have only found one source for Lamello face frame biscuits and that is online and their price is $40 for 1000 plus shipping. Since the typical 2 door cabinet takes 6 biscuits for the face frame, I figure those would last me about 1400 years. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and is there any solution I don't know of? Roy

Reply to
Roy Boyden

"Roy Boyden" wrote in :

Thanks! I've been wondering about that and have posted and searched in the past, but received no feedback. You saved me the $50! I'm going to investigate slot cutting router bit in my table as a solution for face frames. Not as quick to set up, but then I may be able to use the PC biscuits.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey