Re: Wood carving for beginners

Any good on-line tutorials for woodcarving? I'm just getting started. >

> My first attempt:
> > First lesson learned: don't buy cheap chinese chisels. I already > knew that, but I was in a hurry to get started. Next day, I went > out and got a better set. > > How do you make the carved surfaces smooth? Mine are all lumpy > and gouged. Do you just take small pieces of sand paper and work > it in all the corners and stuff?

I have never carved and you are an expert compared to me. BUT from what I have always seen you use sharp tools and with lots of practice your cuts come out smooth.

Reply to
Leon

Practice, practice, and more practice.

Reply to
Leon

snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) was heard to mutter:

Check out Woodcarving Illustrated's websiteand forum. There you will find some wonderful carvings, carvers, tips, ideas and instruction.

I also recommend Lumberjocks for ideas and just plain cool stuff.

Casper