Re: Top posting is best

If you go into the hospital or your doctors office they use acetone to clean old tape adhesive off.

> > Should I be flattered? > > That was more of a "pot...kettle...black" kind of thing. >
Reply to
Bob

I see. So which am I?

UA100

Dave H>That was more of a "pot...kettle...black" kind of thing.

Reply to
Unisaw A-100

(Top Posted For Effect)

I sorta like it when Homey gets into this mode.

It reminds me of those National Geographic flix, when the Moray Eel is being challenged in his own litttle lair.

The hole looks so innocent...

The diver reaches in...

(The next scene shows homey with a distended belly, obviously not needing to eat for at least a week...)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

"Treetops" wrote

[Zim: Please read my replies after the word Zim:]

OK so lets compromise and make it 50%. Still a lot of non-snippers forcing a lot of scrolling. So what's your magic solution for converting 50% of the world's posters to the art of snipping?

[Zim: Did you realize that your text are broken probably due to the 'auto- matic wrap text' feature during send. You can solve this problem by changing your newsreader settings or previewing your message before sending them. Did you also realized that deleting the hanging ">" (below) and allowing a space between your text and the quoted text is helpful to readers?]

meat on the majority of posts (since bottom posts dominate), wading thru maybe 3 days worth of posts which our eyes, if not our brain, have now seen umteen times. What a waste of time and energy to say nothing of the wear and tear on arthritic fingers.

[Zim: The message above was posted without utilizing the word wrap feature on Treetops part, which could lead to horizontal scrolling. Instead the next person making the reply did not include the ">." This can lead to confusion. I don't speak English everyday, but I do read/write English. With a poor message layout, I will have to struggle to understand Treetops' reply to Dave. So, the problem is also on my part....Here's a good example of a functional layout.]

Nit Picker wrote: >Trivia Wiz wrote >>Palm Guy wrote: >>>Island Fan wrote: >>>>Trivia Wiz wrote >>>>>Who is named in the original theme song of Gilligan's >>>>>Island?

Those *poor* people.

Reply to
Tim Zimmerman

Correct. I meant to say, "Bottom posting [without trimming] wastes people's time by scrolling thru huge texts just to find a few words. :~)

Reply to
Tim Zimmerman