Re: Rockwell/Delta #46-499 wood lathe for sale

Asking $2500.

Yikes!

You know you're about $1500 high?

UA100, who usually doesn't comment on other people's FS's...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Unisaw A100,

You might be right on the price? But are you talking about the lathe alone or the lathe with accessories? I got a rough estimate on a woodworking warehouse that sells used machines. Although the only comparison was a Powermatic. If you did not view the pics could you and update your assessment? If you already did then that's cool. Reply to my email for pics if they don't come up.

Thanks for the replt,

Reply to
Timothy Kravatz

Either/or. See below.

That es'plains a thing or two.

The Powermatic 90 is a good comparison to the Delta Heavy-duty though some would say the P-matic is better and for particular reasons I might agree though in the end both are damn fine lathes that I would not turn my nose up at.

I did view the pictures and I saw a mid to late 60's Heavy-duty Delta/Rockell lathe painted green

In your post to the group you mentioned a live center, tail centers, knives, 6& 12" chisel rests, Jacobs chucks, Faceplates, buffing wheels & buffing compounds, sharpening stones, etc.

The lathe (stand alone) is worth $1000 give or take a hunnert depending on the market and buyers.

From what I saw of the second picture there would have to be a whole lotta etc. to make up the extra $1500 you are asking.

Not really trying to bust your balls completely Tim but $2500 is way more than anyone could hope to make on a lathe like that. Not saying I wouldn't be the first to congratulate you on selling it at that price but most wooddorkers are bottom feeders and at that price you're almost in competition with a new Oneway.

I hope you aren't trying to recoup and investment.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100