Re: Portable sawmill owners question

Done - No response yet.

You could phone them - there is a contact number on the website - or, if you like, I could have SWMBO try to light a fire under somebody's butt (she works there).

and they can put you in touch with >> owners of their mills in your area.
Reply to
Doug Miller

The experience that I have had is that trees in yards and along fence rows are the most suspect for metal objects. I use a metal detector to check for nails and such.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

The Maple and Oak that I had sawed this weekend had nails (ruined 2 blades). My FIL has lived there for over 8 years (since shortly after the house was built), and never put any nails in the trees. We suspect that someone had built a deer stand on one, as the nail heads were 2" deep in the tree, and there were quite a few of them.

Reply to
Odinn