Re: Paralysis by Analysis -- which bandsaw?

What is the cost difference?

That aside, buy the one you want if you have the money. Laguna make an excellent BS and I know this because I own one (LT 18). I'm happy with my purchase and would do it again. I'm not familiar with the Powermatic but I didn't like the Delta one very much. I wanted something that would resaw well without a lot of fuss.

Neil

Reply to
toolguy

Delta/Powermatic: $900 for the saw $100 for the mobile base + blades 0 shipping (Amazon)

--------------------------- $1000 + blades (+ fence for Delta)

Laguna LT14SE: $1200 for the saw $90 for the base $100 for the mobile unit + blades $150 shipping ( a guess)

--------------------------- $1540 + blades

Difference of approx $500. [snip]

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I have the Delta and overall am pretty satisfied with it. I have done some resawing, but always thought it would be nice to have a 1 inch carbide tipped blade for that kind of work.

Since you have the money, I think I would get the Laguna if I were in your shoes.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Laguna have some big promotions on right at this moment. I bet if you call them you could get a deal. Free shipping is not out of the question. They were very willing to "deal" when I bought mine. No harm in trying.

Reply to
toolguy

The quoted me 250 to get to the east coast. Better check on that one.

IMNSHO 1" blade is not really a big deal unless you want to spend the big bucks for carbide. A 1/2" woodslices resaws just fine.

-S

Reply to
C & S

X5 *Bandsaw*??????

Reply to
Max

Yep,

the market for the same thing Pho so thanks for the info.

Allen

Reply to
Allen

Aha!! On my wish list.