RE: OT: Just a Thought

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 01:49:40 -0600, Dave Balderstone

> > wrote: > >> > >> Reminds me of the book "The LastCenturion" > > >Ringo is a great author. I love his "Kildar" series, but "The Last > >Centurion" should be required reading at about grade 7 or 8. > > >Just as a reality check. > > I haven't read that one, but my favorite was _Ghost_. > I love his "Posleen War" series, complete with BunBun.

Baldy, I just now finished reading that outrageously funny, totally irreverent, and fascinating book. I agree. Required reading!

_The Last Centurion_ was not to be found at my local library, so I invested $5 @ Amazon. It was, absolutely, money well spent.

Had me gigglin' like a schoolgirl at many a point.

Ringo is a keeper.

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have you read Pratchett's "The Last Hero" yet?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I tried launching into several of Pratchett's books several times but I just can't handle his writing. Not even a little bit.

-- It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment. -- Freeman Dyson

Reply to
Larry Jaques