Re: OT - Cool Gloat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

70 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

- Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment

- Ryobi Right Angle Drill

- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer

- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw

- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction

Woodcrafter

Well happy birthday! Now go out to the shop and build somthin. Since your pushin 56 you better use it while you got it ;-)

Reply to
Knothead

Congrats on the card, JOAT.

And Happy B.D.!

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

And 10 add up to 1 ... ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

The last 4 digits of my high school girl friend's phone number were 4691, which is of course 2, and is the only reason I remember it from ... ummm ...

28=10=1 years ago.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Did you grow up in a place like this place used to be, where everybody just traded the last four digits because there was only one prefix for the whole town?

We got a second on in the '80s, and that was a big deal. Now I have no idea how many there are. Four land lines and another four or six or eight for cell phones, I think. We've split area codes twice in 20 years.

All of which means there are too many cars on the road around here these days, and not enough cow pastures. Ah, progress.

Reply to
Silvan

I grew up in Meade county, South Dakota, in the 1970's. My first two years of college were at Univ of South Carolina, Columbia, and USC's phone book (25k students) was thicker than the phone book at home. ;-)

I'm in the Washington DC area because that's where people will pay for the biometrics knowledge I have. If I hit the lotto I'm moving somewhere where I can see the stars at night. ;-) I've been in this area .... umm ... about 14 years and I've only seen the Milky Way clearly once.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Last summer I flew to Dallas Texas and drove to Oklahoma. When I was many miles from the nearest town I confess I stopped the rental car, got out, and spent over 1/2 hour just looking at the stars. ;-) I knew them well in my youth. My brother is a rancher in western SoDak and lives 6 miles from his nearest neighbor. Light pollution is NOT a problem. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I returned to the family farm after my father died several years ago after 30 years...we're in far SW KS. Biggest difference I see is the amount of light pollution all around the horizon now from all the wanna' be "rancher/farmer-ettes", irrigation well indicator lights, feed yards, etc. that weren't there when growing up... :(

Reply to
Duane Bozarth