RE: O/T: Willie's Poem

It seems appropriate

Enjoy

Lew

------------------------------------------------------- Here's a poem I just must pass along! You younger guys might think it's a joke. You older guys will need no explanation!

A poem by Willie Nelson

The younger generation may not know it but at one time Willie Nelson was songwriter of the year.

Such songs as "Hello Wall", "Crazy" sung by Patsy Cline. "Funny how Time Slips Away" & a host of other favorites.

He is also a well recognized poet in his own circle of friends.

Whether or not you are a country music fan, these are truly the words of a deep thinker.

So simple, yet so profound! Read the words of wisdom from that famous philosopher, Willie Nelson, iconic country and western singer, on his 80th birthday.

Only a man with such wisdom and maturity could be so concise and succinct in phrasing his feelings at this turning point in his life.

"I have outlived my pecker." A Poem - by Willie Nelson

My nookie days are over, My pilot light is out. What used to be my pride and joy, Is now my water spout.

Time was when, on its own accord, From my trousers it would spring. But now I've got a full time job, To find the friggin thing.

It used to be embarrassing, The way it would behave. For every single morning, It would stand and watch me shave.

Now as old age approaches, It sure gives me the blues. To see it hang its little head, And watch me tie my shoes!!

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Practically, leaves a tear in your eye! ; )

Reply to
Bill

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Man, I have been looking for that poem for 30 years or more. A friend had it hanging over his john, but I did not remember the title or who wrote it. You made my day!

Reply to
Morgans