Re: I'VE DECIDED.....

dont stay away too long JOAT. but i understand gettin away for a spell. maybe some kind soul here that is a lot smarter than i can find the address of the troll for you while your gone. ive got a throw away

38 if ya need to shoot the ba#$@!rds puter for him! lol. BTW did your boy ever get those outboards runnin? george
Reply to
george

dont stay away too long JOAT. but i understand gettin away for a spell. maybe some kind soul here that is a lot smarter than i can find the address of the troll for you while your gone. ive got a throw away

38 if ya need to shoot the ba#$@!rds puter for him! lol. BTW did your boy ever get those outboards runnin? george
Reply to
george

JOAT,

Good ideas - every one of them. I'm tired of the bullsh*t too and I would hope that we have some computer savvy types hanging around here that can help figure out the addresses and track these butt-heads down. A lawsuit will definitely get their attention. And if that can't be done then a few deluges of email may give them a problem or two.

C'mon guy's. Time to make an example of one of these idiots and clean this place out once and for all.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

If you leave, the idiots win! Stick it out, ignore them! Many here will miss you if you leave! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

JOAT take it from me, it's not worth "tracking them down"....they'll just find another ISP or proxy and come back with a vengeance. TRUST ME. Seen it happen a million times. I've seen trolls get hacked, personal identities exposed HD's formatted and ISP and proxy accounts cancelled and they still keep coming back madder and more bothersome than before. Just leave it alone and it'll go away. /me hangs a sign in R.W. "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!"

this will be the only post you'll get from me on the subject, entire thread ignored.

Reply to
Jonny Durango

[snip]

In the full header of those posts, beyond the poster's ISP, it says, "Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@google.com". I suppose that means he is posting via google; or does google host this NG? Anyway, I was curious so I fowarded a copy to see if these posts violated google's rules. I suppose anyone can do the same, if so inclined. Out of mere curiosity, of course.

Here is the reply I received:

"Thank you for writing Google Groups Abuse. We treat violations to netiquette and our terms of service very seriously. Your complaint has been forwarded to our groups support team for investigation and further action, if required.

"We appreciate your taking the time to write us.

"Regards, "The Google Team"

babydoll.ca seems to be of a peculiar sort, based on a look at the homepage. So, it is unclear whether they would care. Indeed, this may be their stock in trade.

FWIW.

Reply to
Masked avenger

I did the very same thing..... got the same exact letter....

Reply to
John-R W

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:51:10 GMT, "John-R W" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com scribbled

<snip>

The last time this little diarrhoeic turd (is that an oxymoron?) was on the wreck, I first got the same reply from Google (I got it today also), but then I got this in an email the next day:

So complaining works (after the fact, of course).

babydoll.ca has this in their terms of service:

I got there by clicking on the "sign up" link on the babydoll.ca site and then on the "Terms of service" link at the bottom of the sign-up page. I haven't got a response from them yet.

Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

[snip]

I lurk around here. I read a lot, but I never post. This is my first post, in fact.

You must remember, trolls seek attention through bad behavior. That's their life, it's what they do with their free time.. *NEVER*, I mean

*NEVER EVER* reinforce it by acknowledging it even exists. You must ignore it so completely that the troll will be left wondering if you even see his posts. And yes, let's be honest with ourselves, it is a he.

If you find yourself irritated by it, remember this quote:

"An insult from a lesser mind is like wind blowing upon a rock." - Confucius (if I remember correctly)

That is, if you can call troll-posts insults. I would say they're more like static on a radio station, meant to be ignored while you get at the real content.

Hope this point of view helps you out.

doug.

Reply to
Doug

I can make a zip gun if needed :) What is needed 20 ga, 45 auto or 44 magnum?

Do you want baltic birch, cherry, maple, hickory, jummy wood, oak or bare metal on grips? Wes

Wes

Reply to
clutch

As someone who sits on the sidelines most of the time, I would like to voice my support for you. I copy all of your messages to an "inspiration" file for later reference.

It would be a shame to lose this most positive and helpful contribution to the group as the result of some mental midget who has nothing better to do than to stir up trouble.

Best wishes! Hope to see you back soon!

PS I too have sent complaints to the loser's ISP, perhaps if others do the same he/she will have its service cancelled. If this continues, you should file a complaint with the police. Just because its online, doesn't change the fact that its harassment. People have been prohibited from being online via court order and even dialup is traceable to a phone number/address.Why make it easy for them!

Reply to
sean

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:58:38 -0400 (EDT), Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote: JOATski:

I remember the last time you wanted to leave for a bit. And you came back to the group to once again post many good links for those of us that usually don't take the time to do the extensive searching you have done.

You will be missed and I hope you revisit this group in the near future. I too have kinda just kept up with reading the rec on time available basis because I have a new job that is demanding time to learn the new systems. I think time to check out life in general and to pursue some endeavors will be found to be worthwhile. And the Rec is always here, waiting for people like those found here to come and offer their advice, their experience and help.

Best of Luck to you....

Philski

Reply to
Philski