Re: Greg Millen

"RonB" wrote in news:GqXed.14962$EZ.6780@okepread07:

If it truly came from you Greg, you need to find > something to do with your time.

It was not from the real Greg. These forgeries have been going on for weeks. The headers are the same as on previous forgeries. Someone, or several people is/are trying (successfully) to screw around with the Usenet voting system, and they are attacking just about anyone who gets involved with the process.

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Thanks for the heads-up JOAT, and thanks again for immediately knowing it wasn't me.

Anyone doubting this please google my name and include the swearing in the criteria. I believe one post will be returned, and that was a deliberate spoof on an attack on Charlie Self.

My apologies to all this has been sent to, I dropped the crossposting to r.ww to avoid dragging any trolls into here.

Reply to
Greg Millen

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:3287-417C804D-137@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

The targets were Dave and Greg, because they have been posting to news.groups recently, where this particular kook/kooks hang out. You were probably just picked randomly, along with dozens (possibly hundreds) of other poor souls. This same forger, or someone in his camp, forged my real name and e-mail address and entered me in a photography contest several weeks ago. They did the same thing to 50+ addition people. They submitted

150+ phony votes for two different new newsgroup proposals..forging the outbound e-mail addresses of each of those people. This is madness.
Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Ron, I would NEVER send that type of garbage. I stand by my posting history on google if you care to look. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it other than to hope people are wise enough to read the headers and know that I can't be in Australia (where I live), Turkey, NL etc all in the same night.

regards,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Millen

Me too,,, I felt honored... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

It is OK. Obviously you were set up. I did go back and review your previous traffic and found nothing to indicate it came from you. We did cross threads a while back but pretty benign stuff. I must be a random pick because I have been silent on the new group issue too.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

For those who think it is cool to pull this kind of crap, think for once in you life.

How many kids hopped on the family computer yesterday and were left wondering what dad, or mom, did to cause such a vile, vulgar message?

How many casual news group users were left wondering what the hell they had done to cause such a response from a member?

If all of this is tied to the hullablough regarding a new user group, or anything else, you people are caught up in your keyboard fantasies. If you think you are on some kind of crusade to save or improve the internet or news group community you are being stupid*. Frankly this kind of activity damages the cause and leaves a lot of us wondering why we would continue to expose our homes to the likes of you. You need to go outside for a while and breath some air that isn't contaminated with you stinking attitude.

I, for one, will be in the shop more and on the computer less for a while.

*That is about as close to flaming as I have come.
Reply to
RonB

"RonB" wrote in news:yY7fd.19376$EZ.5009@okepread07:

Going away is a victory for the kooks. Please stick around.

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Well.....Looks like Charlie Self's day in the barrel. I received 7 slightly different emails today. Different subject lines, all same lead-in, then a string of brainless obsceneties. Pretty indicitive of the source.

Reply to
RonB