Re: Finish for a floor of an enclosed trailer

I recently purchased an enclosed trailer with the typical plywood > floor. >

> What finish would you recommend for durability and low maintainance? > > Thanks

I just finished cleaning out the inside of my boat with a power washer. I had painted it (aluminum) with a good "porch and floor" enamel well over 10 years ago and other than a little discoloration where leaves had sat in the rain water all Summer, there's been no peeling and very little sign of wear. My neighbor down the street put vinyl tile down on the floor of the trailer he uses to make and sell printed T-shirts at auto races. What do you intend to use the trailer for?

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

3 or 4 years ago I painted the 3/4" thick plywood floor of our store room with a 2 part Epoxy garage floor paint. It is doing very well.
Reply to
Leon

I'm with Tom, it depends on what you're going to use the trailer for..

For light duty stuff, I'd go with a good porch & floor paint..

For heavy or sharp edged stuff, especially if you're dragging things in & out, I'd go with a sacrificial 1/4" plywood skin and change when needed.. Also depending on use, the skin could have a layer of sheet vinyl on it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Leave it as is...if it's enclosed it's not in the weather and what's less maintenance than "none"? What's the point of a finish for the application, anyway?

--

Reply to
dpb

You might beware of using a vinyl flooring. My neighbor had an enclosed trailer and put vinyl on top of the plywood floor. No problem until summer time and the temps were so hot inside that the adhesive let go.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Also might get a bit slippery if moisture condenses on it and then freezes.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G