Re: Any way to speed up weathered pine?

Anyone out there had any experience in weathering pine? I'm not looking for a

>piainted on weathered look, but rather a sun baked, kinda grey finish - like an >old boardwalk.... > >Any thoughts?

Tincture of time.

Apply liberally.

Let cure naturally..

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Sandblast it for the texture and airbrush the color in.

-- Ernie

Reply to
Ernie Jurick

I recall reading about using acid washes. I think you can use the same stuff they clean driveways with, boric maybe?. I think acid and sunlight then rinse well. That will only do color though. You migth sanblast as one person mentioned but I don't think anything can give you the seperation, checking and cracking of age.

Reply to
Bill Wallace

Char the surface with your torch then wire brush the soft char away. Bleach as desired (oxalic acid), or use gray wipe in wipe off paint.

They use muriatc acid to clean driveways, mostly.

Reply to
George