RE: AGV AntiVirus

But even so, think of this logically - if a program was capable of switching to admin without asking for the user's help, that would indicate a _huge_ security hole of epic proportions (more so than the normal huge windows security holes, that is).

(snipola)

True, that. Cut the damn thing three times, and it's _still_ too short.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

normal and the administrator accounts use the

by M/S to NOT use the administrators

If your everyday user has admin rights, then you're doing what they suggest you not do.

software with buttons swapped. After installing

the box settings. Video is a Hitachi 801HR

and the screen saver reverted to the

If you say so. Maybe you should ask Grisoft for your money back then.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

normal and the administrator accounts use the

advised by M/S to NOT use the administrators

software with buttons swapped. After installing

the box settings. Video is a Hitachi 801HR

color and the screen saver reverted to the

I've had AVG on two of my own machines for a couple of years (the freebie) and have never had any problems. I have advised a few others to use it and no one has had a problem. Even better, once it caught a virus in an email before McAfee did (which I paid for).

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Likewise, I dumped Norton which I paid for on my daughter's computer because AVG was quicker at finding virus' and it doesn't load down the system like Norton does.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

normal and the administrator accounts use the

advised by M/S to NOT use the administrators

software with buttons swapped. After installing

the box settings. Video is a Hitachi 801HR

color and the screen saver reverted to the

Reply to
R. Wink

Reminds me of a cartoon, "That's like a guy who found out he was allergic to chicken so he kept on eating rooster."

They're both admin accounts. I recommend you downgrade your normal account to "Power User" or less.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde