Re: 3rd RFD: rec.woodworking.all-ages

I may be throwing gasoline on a fire here, but...

"neither the swindler, the drunkard, the foul-mouthed or the rapacious shall have any share in the kingdom of God." [ I Corinthians 6:10]

"Let not your mouth form the habit of swearing...There are words which merit death; may they never be heard among Jacob's heirs. For all such words are foreign to the devout, who do not wallow in sin. Let not your mouth become used to coarse talk, for in it lies sinful matter...A man who has the habit of abusive language will never mature in character as long as he lives." [Sirach

23:9,12-13,15]

Doug Miller

That's not entirely the best solution either, though, as *every* group in the alt. hierarchy is frequently spammed with all kinds of garbage. I'm sure that Vito and Susan don't want to go there.

More appropriate locations might be christnet.woodworking soc.religion.christian.woodworking

Doug Miller

Yes, of course I'm aware that this sort of thing happens. But surely you are aware as well that in America, in the vast majority of cases, even today, when a couple marries, the wife assumes the husband's surname.

Doug Miller

Then why is Susan still discussing which words are to be permitted, and which to be prohibited? Sounds to me like she's still planning to be a moderator, or at least a nanny.

Doug Miller

I subscribe to several alt. newsgroups that have as little, if not less, spam and garbage as r.ww. It's entirely possible that my news provider is filtering at their server, however.

Maybe, but I don't see any other similar groups within either hierarchy. But that doesn't mean that they wouldn't allow VK to establish his own fiefdom there.

Reply to
Joe Wells

On 22 Sep 2004 23:35:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Susan Welchel) calmly ranted:

4th RFD: Name Change to God's.rec.woodworking ?

-------------------------------------------------- I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon) ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development

Larry Jaques

Chuck Vance

Reply to
Conan the Librarian

I am too old for this shit.

Somehow, I am willing to bet that one has already been used, but WTF, I couldn't help myself.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

It is your provider filtering and/or not peering with providers that allow spaming type activities.

Reply to
bard

Impossible. This proposal is for an unmoderated group, which would have the qualitative effect of duplicating the existing group with a different name.

B/

Reply to
Brian Mailman

so I can call you a self righteous asshole and that's fine?

Reply to
bridger

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:bwA4d.2856$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com:

It is possible, albeit difficult, to create a moderated group in alt.*

This would seem to be the best choice. Note that the christnet.* hierarchy is administered by a different group of people from the big-8, so that proposal (or one for alt.*) would be off-topic to news.groups.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

No, that's in the "rude and disrespectful" category. You get points for accuracy, though, which may redeem you...

Doug Miller

I am not sure

Reply to
Shewa

Shewa responds:

Of what? That you consent? Or that you're an American? Pret' near everyone in this hemisphere is.

Charlie Self "Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." Gore Vidal

Reply to
Charlie Self

John McCoy responds:

Please God, it will also be off-topic here!

Charlie Self "Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." Gore Vidal

Reply to
Charlie Self

Are we playing "hangman"?

Nova

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:

Well, ignoring sundry Tahitians, Samoans, and the like, yep, you're right.

:-)

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Ah. Can Pagans, atheists, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, and Satanists post too?

People who don't believe in Creationism? What about gays?

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

"I've always said there's nothing an agnostic can't accomplish if he really isn't sure whether or not he believes in anything." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Reply to
Dave Balderstone