Rali

Has anyone used a "Rali" brand of plane? I saw them advertised in the Hartsville calalogue and was wondering just how well they worked.

Thanks

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Badly. They're expensive, and they're nasty.

There are two models, one with a folded steel sole, the other with a stacked and laminated sole. One is nasty, the other is worse.

Only good thing about them is that (for a price) they offer a carbide blade for the block plane. If you need to plane abrasive materials on a regular basis, this might be handy.

-- Do whales have krillfiles ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I use the laminated bottom, block plane. Although I have several Stanley(and other) block planes, I find the Rali works better for my purposes. The blades are cheap enough(I buy a bunch at the WW show) and can be changed out and adjusted easier than the Stanleys. Just my 2 cents...

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

I like my Raly and have no problems with it. It is flat, sharp and easy to adjust. They are just different I think. Wally Grant

Reply to
Wally Grant