rail n stile routing

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:14:53 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Vic Baron" quickly quoth:

I use shopping to get some of my exercise, and in doing so, will park anywhere there's an open space. I park wherever, walk into the store, shop, pay for it, and come out. At least once a week, I find a car still circling, usually mad by then, looking for that "perfect" parking spot near the entrance.

Every once in awhile, I'll stop them and mention that I have parked, gotten some exercize, done my shopping and am returnig to my vehicle while they proceeded to get mad, waste gas, waste time, got -no- exercise, and still haven't done their shopping. (No, nobody has hit me yet. ;)

Yeah, $55 + S/H. So, have you gotten any exercise today?

-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience --------------------------------------------

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Why go to all of the trouble of dadoing and chiseling when you can just use a bit designed for the job? Infinity makes great bits and they sell just what you're looking for,

haven't used it yet but if it's anything like their other router bits it is the best quality.

Another option is to take a regular rail and style bit set and swap the bearings and cutters so that both slot cutters are on the stile bit and both bearings are on the rail bit. You obviously won't have a bearing on the stile bit but it can't be too hard to set up your fence without the bearing. This is the method that is recommend on the Routerbits.com website for Whiteside rail and stile bits, scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Either of these methods seem better than taking the extra steps posted by others.

Bruce

Reply to
theblacksheep

The Freud rail & stile bit combines both functions in one bit and it has bearings top and bottom (function is selected by height of bit in table). It works very well for me.

Reply to
Bob Martin