question on roofing

Vacation starts tomorrow, so what a better start than replacing worn roofing on my 10x16 lawn tractor shed. The old shingles must come off, the decking seemes to be in fine shape. I was wondering if theres any type weather proof caulk'n i could (or should) run under the cap shingles, (turned cross-ways). Sounds like a small job, but as one gets older, climbing around on roof tops should be reserved for Dec 24..... thanks on any advice.....

-- DavisWoodShop

Reply to
sawdust

caulking should not be necessary there, but if you want to run some anyway use cold process roofing compound.

Reply to
bridger

No caulk necessary. One little idea though, is to know from which direction the majority of the storms blow, and lap your caps accordingly. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom