Question about Craftman Router

I am using a Craftman router and can't find the owner's manual. It looks straightforward, but I don't want to break it or anything.

There are two locks on the router: one on the top (call it A), and one in the middle (call it B).

The one in the middle (B) appears to lock the turning of the cutter, so I have locked it and installed the bit.

The one at the top (A) appears to lock the turning of the height adjuster. Is this correct?

Finally, when I operate the router, I expect that the A should be locked, and B should be unlocked. Is this correct? Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Michael, decides to chip in.

No that should just about cover it.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I think you have this backwards if we are talking about the same model. The one on the top locks the shaft. Kind of a yellowish color and you push it off and on. It also have an interlock on it so the router can not be switched on if it is locked.

The one in the middle locks the height adjustment in place. IIRC, it is a cam action that you turn.

Even if backwards, yes, shaft lock off, adjustment lock on. In any case, unplug when changing bits. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How old is it? Sears has manuals on line going back some, not real far, but some. In pdf format so you can save 'em to your hard drive and zoom in/out as need be, and print at your leisure.

Reply to
NFrames

Thanks. I looked on the Craftman web site and can't find the URL for the owner's manuals. Any tips?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

What's the model number on your router?

Doug Miller

Michael,

Yeah, your model may be equipped with a special Craftsman Automatic Depth Adjustment feature which may change the depth of the cutter at will. I found that it can be circumvented by tightening down the knob ("A" on your router) beyond finger tight with pliers.

Good luck.

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

We don't have the model number from you, so...

The lock that SLIDES...pushes in and slides...is the one that locks the shaft so that you can change bits.

The one that has a know...and turns...is the one that locks the height adjustment.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

Thanks to everyone who helped with this.

Michael

Reply to
Michael