Question about Bench Drill Press!

I have just purchased an old bench drill press. It is a Delta Milwauke

Model DP-220 (Serial #84-5500) and was manufactured by the Rockwel Manufacturing Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

As a novice to this, I am interested in any comments anyone might hav about this particular model's performance, availability of accessories operating hints, user's manual, etc.

However, of particular interest to me is how I can purchase a base fo this unit. Or, perhaps, building a wooden base is a feasibl alternative?

Thank you in advance for your input

-- DarthVader80K

Reply to
DarthVader80K

Rockwell is high quality. It is the forerunner to Delta. Google the model number.

Lowell Holmes

Hey Darth, (Can I call you Darth?), So you've given up light sabers in favor of drill presses. That's nice. Try looking through Old Woodworking Machines at

is a nice photo index (by manufacturer or by machine type ) and you might see your drill press there too. Remeber, don't use the force, use the chuck key. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

The DP-220 might be the predecessor to the DP300, DP250, DP200 or even DP115... All of which (I think) are currently made.

Can you read the label off of it and give us the size? (12", 10", 8")

If it happens to be the same as the DP300, I think you can mount it onto a DP400 floor stand...

E-mail me direct and I'll give you contact info for Delta's product manager / product development folks if it is critical.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill