Pyrography or Pyrogravure

Has anyone seen this kind of stuff I had about 50 hours into this job Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.
Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced
https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje rick B.
On 5/10/18 5:53 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:

That's pretty awesome. I don't think I'd have the patience for it.
--

-MIKE-

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 8:45:01 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah I lost Patience several times and got burned a few times too ! On this project and had to walk away. Even on the test samples. 50 hours possibly in one months time. I had to stop keeping track of my time and cut my losses. One time tried it next time No way. rick B.
On 5/10/2018 6:53 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:

Wow, lots of time, but sure is nice.

Nice piece. Thanks for sharing. Not surprised about the time invested in it. I've seen similar done by a couple woodturners. They've told me it takes a lot of time, especially when you're just starting out.
I saw a few pieces done by a local (guild) turner at a local craft show who said her five inch tea light holder she did was one of her first pieces and she had 40 hours in the making of it. She ended up selling that piece for $40, so a buck an hour. She said at least the wood was free. She liked the look but not the time although she was getting faster at it. She had several plates and a couple small bowls and assorted candle holders doe that way. Guess she likes making it enough to do that many.
I bought a tea light holder from her to give as a gift. Really beautiful piece. I'm not into trying it myself ... yet.
On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 6:53:40 PM UTC-4, Rick the antique guy wrote:

Here is the Good side I had to reproduce by the Original Artist
https://imgur.com/a/RzPdexw
rick B.