Purchase Recommendation - General TS w/ sliding table

I'm planning on buying the Canadian-made 350/650 Table Saw. Does anyone here have thoughts on the saw? And, in particular, on the sliding table option?

Too poor to buy a Felder or a Knapp.

Gary Curtis Trinity County, Calif.

Reply to
extiger

Value vs Cost I consider Grizzly the best out there. JMO

Reply to
Pete

A absolutely LOVE my 650, not a single complaint. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Since I bought mine a few years back, prices have gone up $400-500, and I've been offered what I paid for mine, but it's not for sale.

I don't have a sliding table, but use shop made sleds quite often. The cost of a sliding table hasn't justified itself to me, your needs may be different.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

i have the 650, 5 HP, with an excalibur slider. the saw is wonderful, no complaints. the excalibur... generally good, but some complaints. it's just so damn hard to square up...

i thought i was too poor for a felder or knapp, and now i regret not just buying one. if i had to do it over again that's what i would do.

for a cabinet saw, the general is exceptional.

--- dz

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
david zaret