Sliding table saw

I anm looking to buy a new sliding table saw, there is a lot of compeneys that make them the best deal i foud was the "GRIZZLY G0501" for $8050.00 delivery included. any one out ther know anything on GRIZZLY product's? is the qualety good? compairing to LAGUNA or POWERMATIC or MINI MAX or FELDER or any idea what compeny is good for this price range?

Thank You

Reply to
yumy

Since it is new you might not find anyone. If you find anyone my guess it would be at woodweb.com. Have you considered use? I'm sure you can get a used Altendorf 90 for much less.

jw

I have owned 2 sliding table saws, I miss them and would like to still get one. The first was a SCM which is Italian and is the company making the Min-Max line. Bought it new a long time ago, Sweeeeeet. Then fell into a situation to pick one up second hand it was called a KAMRO.

No one in the machinery business could tell me anything about it, then I found a distibuter down south that had a parts replacement manual, it was an ALtendorf, who advertizes that they are the inventor of the sliding table saw. Evidently In Europe Altendorf will put any label on their units. There are a lot of other industrial brands that would be good. I would be afraid of the Grizzly, although Grizzly does have a good low price for the value that you get I would have to have a hands on feel to consider purchasing a saw of this caliber from them, Ask if they will give you a list of purchasers of that particular unit. If I am not mistaken Grizzly's policy is to "NOT" give out customer names. Maybe they changed it but about 9 years ago i believe that is what their policy was.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

From Grizzly's web site:

"We also offer a customer reference service whereby we will locate a customer near you who has purchased the equipment you are shopping for. This way, you can get a firsthand, unbiased report from someone in your area who is actually using our products. We have confidence in our products!"

Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

> --

Reply to