Protect Metal Surfaces

Mine sat in the garage in the Auburn Alabama area for three years (the drill press in an unheated attic). Since 2011, they've been in my basement (unheated) in the Atlanta area. Not exactly controlled environments.

Reply to
krw

I don't think they actually use it on their airplanes. It would take thousands of cans. Coincidence? I think not!

The 737 Max may be their undoing. ...and take SouthWest Airlines with it.

Reply to
krw

Whenever you speak of "unheated" as an "uncontrolled" location and its over 150 miles from the coast, you are different from what Leon is talking abou t. Get a location near the coast, where your controlled location has heati ng and cooling that is used *in the same 24 hour period* and you will see w hy some people have more trouble with humidity, condensation, and rust than you do.

Reply to
willyd0914

Oh good f'n grief. OK, you got me. Auburn is more than 150mi from the coast (but

Reply to
krw

Paste wax works, but sucks compared to Bostik GlideCote (TopCote). I've use both and like most things, the product specifically designed for the task works best, in this case, way best.

This stuff not only inhibits rust, but makes all your tool tops slick as wet ice. This makes it a safety factor as well as a rust inhibitor. Lasts a long time as well, longer than past wax and easy to use. I even use it on all my vice/clamp threads as it makes them spin freely and no rust.

Reply to
Jack