Progressively more intimidating tools.

Ummm... Duck? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

It's been fun people but I have other things to do now. If you want to pursue Hazard Mitigation I suggest you contact your local Emergency Management Agency or FEMA (the people who brought you Katrina relief) or maybe even the American Red Cross. Above all Plan, Think and BE SAFE.

Reply to
sweet sawdust

Ahh ... if only they had been scanning the sky instead of watching where they were walking ...

Reply to
BillinDetroit

Risk mitigation is possible. Risk elimination is not.

I am as careful as I think reasonable around my table saw. That said, my left hand is most often near the blade, so my shop phone sits to my right.

I know better than to imagine that I can eliminate all the injuries in my shop. I accept that SOME blood will be spilled ... mine. It has been in the past and it will be again. I have a first aid kit about 4 steps away for the smaller stuff and a cordless phone at arms length for the problems too big for self-administered first aid.

I also try to keep my relationship with God on a good foundation because there are things that even 911 can't handle.

Bill

Reply to
BillinDetroit

FEMA? The people who did WHAT to WHO?

Now we are in serious CYA territory.

Reply to
BillinDetroit

.. and tripped over a brick, leaving a conundrum for our expert hazard mitigator.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Well Said.

Reply to
Leon

That's about nine times faster than a fast bullet or five miles per second!

Reply to
** Frank **

"** Frank **" query'd thus:

The only woodworking injury I have that is still visible came shortly after I got my first table saw . . . and I caused the injury with a hand saw.

I was being VERY careful with the table saw, but when the piece I wanted to crosscut was a little too long to fit on the table saw, I turned around to cut it with a hand saw and sliced off the tip of my left index finger instead.

So I guess the most dangerous one is the one I'm being careless with.

Reply to
Don Fearn