Problem with DeWalt 735 Planer - anyone have the same problem?

    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Those sentiments tend to echo through the hillsides around here.

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Went through this with VW years ago and swore I'd never buy another, no matter how nice they were. I haven't and I wont and no more foaming at the mouth after 3 wiper motors and a radio they insisted was working perfectly fine, as long as the car was parked.

As for this new planer, it sure looks good and has impressive specs, just like VW

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Robert, when did a VW ever LOOK "good"? :)

dave

Robert wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

REALLY glad to see this discussion - I'd just about made the choice to get a DW735. I was starting to do some searches for a better price ($479 at Lowes, Woodcraft). I went into Woodcraft last Tuesday, and saw one - then started looking - it looks like you have to buy the infeed/outfeed tables separate at $49 ea (?), and a stand at $50 - $75. With that, I'd be up to $650 +/-.....Doesn't Grizzley and Yorkcraft have a 15" that starts about $695?

Maybe I'm way off, but I'm having second thoughts...for $45 more, I can have a 15" with a larger motor. Not too much of a choice.

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

Woodcraft has their 10% off sale next week, so keep that in mind. As for the outfeed tables, the price is for a pair (or so I was told) but aren't all that necessary with the 735 anyways: the built-in platform seems to do the trick for me, if I'm careful. Nonetheless, I may get a set as someone said I will get "zero" snipe with good feed tables, instead of the 0.004" that I get now. I bought mine from a local tool shop, and they gave me the $100 stand for free (result of a promo they worked out with Dewalt).

I'm happy with mine so far . . .

Cheers,

Scott

Reply to
Scott

For the pair, yes. i ordered mine from Amazon along with the Dewalt Mobile stand. I was dissapointed that the outfeed table would not fold up tho, big design booboo in my opinion!.

-- SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
SwampBug

it's NOT a design "booboo" if you consider that foldable tables are harder to make reliably coplaner with the main table and rigid (witness the folding tables and touchy adjustment of the 733 tables). I'd trade the space for more rigid, fiddle free tables. would you want a fold away Unisaw?

dave

SwampBug wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

It is most certainly a design booboo when you label the tables fold up and the main planer body design does not let the table fold up, what would you call it. Suppose your automobiles manufacture had extended the cab back over the trunk lid, motorized the trunk lid and promoted the 'ease of open' trunk lid which can't open cause the cab is in the way. Same with the 735, have you ever seen a 735 with the fold up tables installed?

-- SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
SwampBug

I didn't know they were labeled "fold up". I thought you were telling us they are rigid.

I incorrectly inferred from you complaint that they are "fixed" tables. I'm with you now! :)

dave

SwampBug wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Looks like you and I can't sync up today!

-- SwampBug

Reply to
SwampBug

Nah, I think we've got it together now! (meaning I've gotten my head out...)

dave

dave

SwampBug wrote:

Reply to