Problem for this Senco stapler?

HI,I just bought a Senco Air stapler, SLS25XP. I tried it this afternoon and noticed that every few staples (for exmaple, around 20), the nose will not spring back to its normal position. So I need to wait a little or may be click the trigger once and it will then bounce back to the normal position and then I can continue shoot the staples. This happens consistently.

I don't see my other air nailers have this kind issue. Is this a problem of the stapler or is it normal?

Thanks very much,

Eric.

Reply to
Eric

Lawrence A. Ramsey

I think I would exchange it for another. It probably has a problem.

Reply to
Leon

No. It's brand new and is an oil-less model.

Eric.

Reply to
Eric

I have three of their nailers and have had problems with all of them. Actually had the big strip nailer go off when I was trying to clear a jam andturned it inverted and the spring on the trigger had come off and the trigger fell in, presto, 3 1/2" spiral right through my hand. Senco took the guns back in for service and seemed really concerned about taking care of the problems I had with them. Seven weeks later, the guns arrived at my front door, postage paid and had apparently not even been looked at. I now try to service them myself, and will never buy one of their nailers again. I don't think the problems were extremely major with regards to my nailers and I like the Senco product, but the company that brings them into Canada is really lacking in customer service and quality of service and repair and fell down on the job IMHO.

Just my two cents worth

Blair

Reply to
Blair

Blair, I don't want you working anywhere near me. If you can't be bothered to disconnect the energy source before working on the tool you deserve what you get. Usually guys like you injure some innocent bystander.

I hope if you have kids to keep them away from you while you are "working".

Eric, I've got 2 Senco nailer's and never had a problem. Are you running low on air with your stapler? Have you tried a little oil on the blade?

There's my 2 cents.

Reply to
Mike D2

This aligns with my experience with Senco nailers. 6 years ago, the one contractor who did my kitchen gave me his very old/used Senco SN1. It works great. Then I bought my first new Senco 702XPPro framing nailer a month ago. The nailer kept jamming fOr 3 times within the last 10 minutes before I returned it to HD (in the end of the first week I bought it.) I bought a Hitachi instead. Then now, my second brand new Senco stapler will return to Coastal Tool. Senco is losing their quality! (The even worse part is all the XP models are made in US, as I was told.) And I'll not try their air tool any more.

BTW, the Hitachi framing nailer is very light and very easy to use and works reliably.

Eric.

Reply to
Eric

Reply to