Pressure Treated Wood

Is most lumber at places like Home Depot pressure treated or not? Do they always mark it if it's pressure treated? How about the wood at Rocklers or Michael's craft store?

I got some hard maple from someone who did a home remodeling, and I think it was used indoors. Is this likely to be pressure treated or not?

I need to make some perches and toys for a pet bird and I wouldn't want it to die from eating pressure treated wood.

Reply to
wizzzer

The wood won't be PT. That's for construction (fence posts, decking supports, etc). IT is an absolute no-no to use PT inside a home. It is clearly marked. PT usually is green, but could also be an orangy brown color too. There will be indentations all over the surface. You can't really miss it, wizzer.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
David

The PT wood is pine. It retains a green color. The hard maple you got is most likely not treated. Be especially careful about what woods you use for bird perches. For that, I'd use wood such as apple, pear, or some fruit wood.

Reply to
Phisherman

Something from an orchard that was sprayed two-three times a year....

Reply to
George