Powermatic PM 2000

I am in the market for a new table saw. High on my list is the Powermatic PM2000. Does anyone have nay experience with this saw?

I assume it has plenty of power with only one (wider) belt - that the table is flat and has minimal arbor run-out.

How does the new guard work? - As a matter of routine I usually throw the guard away when unpacking a new saw, but this guard looks like it might actually do some good.

How is the dust collection? - looks like it has suction right under the blade .

Thanks

Reply to
Darrell Peart

Finewoodworking magazine just reviewed cabinet saws. I read through the article last night. The PM was rated at the top. Table flatness, blade guards and arbor run out were part of the review. I don't recall seeing much about the dust collection for the PM. Interesting read.

Reply to
Nicky

A friend has a PM 2000 that I looked at before buying my General. I found the miter slot to be very sloppy and have never regretted the General (not General International) purchase. I think the PM has a riving knife, an important safety feature; I made one for the General. The guard is a POS on both the PM and General. Dave

Reply to
Dave W

How did you make a riving knife? Every one I've seen has depended on the arbor being manufactured to support a riving knife.

Reply to
Bob