PING Luigi

I know a lot of you guys up there shoot your own winter meat supply. So, thought I'd pass along a few helpful hints.

pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

Wood Butcher

Fri, Nov 18, 2005, 6:28pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@zzzz.com (Wood=A0Butcher) did sayeth: He also makes a nice push stick collector.

You've got to admit, the man is a real sportsman, who doesn't wimp out and use a scoped rifle.

JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:40:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

the damn thing won't fit in the canoe we tow behind.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Fri, Nov 18, 2005, 11:44pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (Luigi=A0Zanasi) is not Wimpy: I do like having some steaks and roasts, not just hamburger. Besides, the damn thing won't fit in the canoe we tow behind.

Ahl, you want something a bit more modern then.

pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

Sun, Nov 20, 2005, 12:49am snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J=A0T) I did say to Lugie of the Great Snowy North:=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Ahl, you want something a bit more modern then.

I got to thinking about that, and think I was wrong recomment that. You wouild prefer something more traditional, I'm sure. Here's something that I think will suit you much better.

Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:11:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

realise that, at your age, you are no longer able to chew and are limited to soft foods, but some of us still have (some) teeth. Sheesh.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Sun, Nov 20, 2005, 10:43pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (Luigi=A0Zanasi) mumbled: You still don't get it, do you? STEAKS and ROASTS, not hamburger! I realise that, at your age, you are no longer able to chew and are limited to soft foods, but some of us still have (some) teeth. Sheesh.

Hey, that IS a bolt action rifle. Unless you're a "really" lousy shot, and just wound whatever a lot, you won't be getting hamburger with a bolt action. But, as I didn't know how good a shot you are, thought you might benefit from a few extra rounds immediately available - plus, you only have to load once, for a full day of hunting. "My" lastest rifle is a bolt action single shot. "I'm" a "good" shot. Out of curiosity, just what "do" you use to hunt with? Bow and arrows? Crossbow? Old table saw blades?

JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:42:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

For moose I use the FN version of the old recoilless Remington Model 8 autoloading (4-shot magazine), .35 calibre, inherited from my father and affectionately know among my friends as "Luigi's blunderbuss". Kicks back less than a .22. Pretty useless beyond 150 yards, but I don't shoot unless I'm absolutely sure of my shot. A pretty good bush gun.

You can see a picture here, go down to "Remington Rifle Used in Ambush"

or here
people around here use different 30-06s.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Mon, Nov 21, 2005, 7:25am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (Luigi=A0Zanasi) doth sayeth: For moose I use the FN version of the old recoilless Remington Most people around here use different 30-06s.

Ah yes, nice piece. Any shots much over 100 yards, are usually uncalled for anyway - unless it's at a target, I love long-distance target shooting. My uncle had one just like it, I always lusted after one, but never ran across one when I had money. My old man had a Winchester thuddy-thuddy lever action. He swore by it, but that was one of the few rifles I just plain couldn't hit much with. I had a '03 Springfield for many years, that I really liked, very accurate. Hard times, had to sell. Ah well. Post a picture sometime, with you and a moose. Oh yeah, be sure to tell us which is which. LMAO