Pictures of my first box

Hi all, I just completed my first wooden box and have posted pics in a.b.p.w if anyone is interested. Just wanted to share with fellow woodworkers. Be careful though the files are large. Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene T

Every time I see one of these "My first..." photo posts, I expect to see some kind of basic work by a relative newbie. But they always end up being some amazing work of art by someone quite talented. For those of us who are newbies and are proud that we can make a single straight cut once in a while, how about if you use a title like "Built a million widgets, now I tried a box" :-)

Mike PS - That box is lovely.

Reply to
Michael Daly

I have a question about your nice box. Are the bands on top inlayed with something or are they notched and filled with something like epoxy paste and then sanded down. I may want to use that technique.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Orr

Uh, where is "a.b.p.w"???

Reply to
bryanwi

It looks like you're using 'google' as your server of the wreck so you won't get a.b.p.w.

If your isp has newsgroup availability see if you can access it there otherwise use this link (and there are others) to see what's been archived from a.b.p.w.

(no not that one, the other one) Williams, in Phoenix, AZ, USA

Reply to
GeeDubb

You obviously have newsgroup acceessibility or you wouldn't be reading this. A.B.P.W stands for Alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. On your toolbar click newsgroups and enter this into the newsgroup form. Then click "go there"

Bill

Reply to
Bill Orr

I believe he's getting to the groups through "Google" which doesn't contain binary groups. Sometimes it pays to look at the OP 'properties' before posting.

Gary (yea, that one) Williams, Phoenix, AZ USA

Reply to
GeeDubb

Yes, after reading the properties, details it looks like you are right, Gary Bill

Reply to
Bill Orr

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking = a.b.p.w

Reply to
jev

Reply to
Silvan