Performax 22-44 Pro Drum Sander??

Amazon has had other price glitches on their web site. Not long ago they offered the Porter Cable 31/4 HP Router under cost by mistake and PC backed them on it. I'd order one if I were you and see if they live up to the offer. Its at least 3 or 4 hundred under cost.

> A Performax 16-32 Plus Drum Sander sell for $799.99

Max Mahanke

Ops, when I went to Amazon and clicked 'Add to Cart' all the sudden the item popped up at $1999.95. I guess us poor old woodworkers are just going to have to wait for the deal of the century on the 22-44.

nder/display_~latest_prices/pa_~1

ander

Reply to
Max Mahanke

Can someone explain the discrepancies below?

Performax 22-44 Plus Drum Sander sell for $379.99

Performax 16-32 Plus Drum Sander sell for $799.99

WD

You can get that for $379 but it isn't a drum sander, it is a surface sander that attaches to a radial arm saw.

Reply to
Bruce

The 22-44 for $379 is a drum sander ATTACHMENT KIT that goes on a radial arm saw...

JeffB

WD wrote:

A Performax 16-32 Plus Drum Sander sell for $799.99

Reply to
JeffB

The 22-44 sander I see listed in the link below is NOT a standalone sander, but rather is designed to be attached to a radial arm saw (obviously not included). It is still $379 on Amazon.

> A Performax 16-32 Plus Drum Sander sell for $799.99

AL

I checked into doing this too. The feeder is NOT included. I believe it is priced around the same as the attachment. I didn't see enough savings to be worth the trouble. If you go for it let us know the outcome.

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke

Oops, I guess I almost blew it! Let say, if I buy this surface sander attachment (I presume comes with the belt feeder) and if I can improvise an attachment to an electrical motor blah, blah.... Isn't that still worth the CHEAP $379, or I could buy a CHEAP used radial arm saw to attach it?

Anyone here bought one?

Reply to
WD

Look it up at Amazon, the feed table is not included. It is another $379.

Walter H. Klaus

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus