PC557 type 3

I bought the unit a few weeks ago and am having problems with alignment. When biscuiting 2 boards together they seem to be out as bad as a heavy 1/8". The unit seems to be a bit 'loose'. In non technical terms...With a hand on the trigger handle and a hand on the handle on top of the unit you shake the unit around and there seems to be a little/fair bit of play...(hope that makes sense). Are all the PC557's the same? I am sure user error is part of the problem but it seems to be hit and miss. Any feeback would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
TB

With you hand on the switch you have a lot of leverage. Yes the unit could shake around a bit. Hold it steady. I typically keep one hand on the top of the fence that lays on the top of the wood to hold the unit square to the work. Do not us the table top as an index point for the bottom of the joiner. Always use the flip down fence to index the tool and hang the end of the board and tool off the end of a work surface. The tool should only be supported on the cutting end by the piece that it is cutting.

Reply to
Leon

Mine is perfecr and was perfect out of the box. Soory to hear you're having problems.

Reply to
Never Enough Money