PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

Yeah, a bit of a small audience. But to anyone who's had this problem, there's plenty of interest.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Great vid Mike, mucho Garcias!

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

Just curious, do you have one of these routers with this problem?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks for putting up that video. I've not (YET) had that problem but I remember reading lots of complaints and wondering "Is this the time it will fail?" every time I got out my PC7529. It was my first router and always worked well, but it mostly sits in the case unless I specifically need the plunge. Collected a few other routers since then.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

The plastic "fingers" that hold the microswitches (one for line and one for neutral - double insulated tool) appear to have warped. Placing the wedge between the "finger" and the base of the handle would be a better fix. The wedge where it is will eventually cause the mounting "finger" to move farther from it's original and intended position, causing the top microswitch to again misbehave. Wedging it against the switch has no downsides and will keep the switch in position and functioning properly.

If "I" was doing it I'd likely remove the handle/switch assy (the black piece) and drill and tap a hole in the grey plastic allowing me th thread in a #8 or #10 screw to force the finger into place.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

With all due respect, Clare, I did this fix a decade ago and it's performed perfectly ever since. Both switches engage and travel a bit further using my fix, so I don't see any reason to do it differently. I'm certain the travel of both switches is well within the manufacturer's parameters for proper functioning.

But thanks for the input, nonetheless!

Reply to
-MIKE-

I have that router but never had the issue. I am certainly aware of the problem as I have read about it in several places. I can fix most anything mechanical/electrical but I don't enjoy fixing things that are design defects and I have read (like you) that the "fix" is basically replacing the speed control ($$$).

Due to all the warnings, I have always babied the controls to push the eventual death event down the road. Having a fix in hand before this happens is very handy.

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

Once more, just out of curiosity... Is yours a Type 1, 2, or 3? It should say the type on the back label near the serial number. Not anyone probably cares anymore, but I'm trying to determine if this particular problem is unique to the model 1.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Sorry, my bad.

It's a type 1