Painting a Table Saw table?

My experience with this type of idea is that in a high-humidity area you will develop unbelievable rust under the cardboard in just a couple of days.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Doesn't parkerizing basically convert the surface of the metal into a not-so-smooth sponge-like surface so that it will absorb oil well? That has always been my understanding of its use as a firearms finish, that it does a great job of preventing corrosion because it holds oil so well, not because of anything in the finish itself. Parkerized guns are also not as smooth and slick feeling as blued ones.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I'm getting rid of all the nickels in my pocket. Copper is supposed to be bad also, so I'm getting rid of them also. Dollar bills are filthy so I tossed all of them.

Sure with I could afford a cup of coffee, but got rid of all the contaminated stuff I had.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Unless you have it powder coated the paint will probably rub off on to the wood you are cutting. I had an old insert that left red paint on my wood until all the paint rubbed off. Use the Empire product to restore the finish and then apply 2 or 3 initial coats of TopCote. I live in Houston and the humidity is regularly 80% and above and I have no rust problems using TopCote and I apply it about every

3 or 4 months. If you have condensing moisture on your tools nothing will probably help short of spraying down with oil.
Reply to
Leon

Only in California. It's safe anywhere else.

Reply to
CW

Yea, or the "black chrome"......hmmmmm....

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Coffee is a carcinogen too. You're better off without it.

Rob

PS. Next time just mail the cash to me. I don't believe in evidence based medicine.

Reply to
Rob Mitchell