Overhead Powerdrops in the Shop

I want to run overhead power drop using regular rubber/plastic jacketed SO (extension cord) wire. What is the proper nomenclature for the strain relief on the boxes that need to be used to meet NEC? What section of NEC describes this arrangement?

Guy

Reply to
Guy Cox

Jim Behning

Are you referring to Twist-Lok? I don't know what the code says about it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

To me those are known as Kellum Grips. I don't think NEC requires those however for this application. Simply "Strain Relief" fittings are what the OP needs.

Pounds on Wood

Borg, etc. have 1/2" romex like connectors with rubber gripping sleeves in them. Naturally I forget the name. I'm thinking this is just for the drop, with the feeds in Romex?

Reply to
Wilson
314.23(H) Pendant Boxes. An enclosure supported by a pendant shall comply with 314.23(H)(1) or (2). (1) Flexible Cord. A box shall be supported from a multiconductor cord or cable in an approved manner that protects the conductors against strain, such as a strain-relief connector threaded into a box with a hub.
Reply to
Greg