Our Christmas present

It saved OK for me, Naily. Did you click on the little disk icon in the Acrobat Reader window, or try to save with the browser? The browser will fail every time, I think. BTDT, got the tee.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks, guys. I have no idea what is going on.

I am at another computer now, and it saved perfectly. Off it goes to a labeled archive CD for future reference.

Ain't technology wonderful? Thanks to all that tried to help.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

AHA! A clue....

I am back at my own computer now, and there is no disk icon to save.

However, Sr. Jaques, I tried saving with the browser, **and it didn't fail**, it worked perfectly.

Personally, I have never had the browser work like that. But (using Firefox) I clicked on *file* then *save page as* and it worked like a champ.

Like I said, that trick hasn't worked in years, but in a moment of desperation I tried it after reading your post.

The hell of it all is that I keep Adobe updated as I have had problems in the past with it when I didn't. Some of my more professional friends send me pdfs with all kinds of embeds, and without the newest version of the reader you can't always read or open the files.

Hell.... I got nothin'.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

wrote

I'm starting to get the idea that you just MUST have a FM type computer.

You know- - f_ckin' magic! ! !

Reply to
Morgans

Interesting. I use Firefox, too, and savint the file from there has never worked. But, since Adobe provides the internal controls when you open their add-on in the Firefox window, I can use the little icon to save them. It's odd that you have the exact opposite experience.

Yeah, isn't that hell? Everyone keeps updating and you can't just use an older copy. 'Lebenty seven differnt progs have to be updated constantly just to keep up. To website owners, I recommend using a couple versions older copies so everyone might be able to use the site without having to upgrade their software.

So solly! Every once in awhile, I douche Adobe Reader and redownload for its non-compliance that day. Bits go haywire. I suggest trying that; remove and reinstall from a fresh copy.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Adobe changed their stuff "again" and the little diskette disappeared a while back. Depending on your release of Adobe, it might be there and then again, maybe not.

I get a "update" from Adobe about once a month and it is becoming "very" annoying. I'm up to about Version 9.4.1, which no longer has the diskette but does have a "save file as" under the "file" options.

Reply to
Pat Barber

>>>Been reeeeeeeel busy, sorry for the late Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

Ditto on the annoying! My version is the most up to date as I get ticked off a the nag screens and just do it since I know I will have to sooner or later.

The other computer with the diskette has an older version.

I guess it was too intuitive, too easy to use so they "upgraded" the program.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41