OT: WRX STi

What else is there for the money?

Reply to
Robatoy

Sweet machine. I want one. Oh yeah, and a Forester for the wife. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Robatoy wrote in news:0302a33e-a2b9-4975-a3d1- snipped-for-privacy@b18g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

I'm the wrong person to answer your question, so I'll ask one of my own: How's your daughter?

Reply to
Han

Robatoy wrote in news:0302a33e-a2b9-4975-a3d1- snipped-for-privacy@b18g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

A Prius, 10 grand in your pocket, and double the gas mileage.

Or you could have male enhancement surgery, and skip the race car.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

You tell me.

BTW, pardon my stupidity, but what is it?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Why in the world would anyone want the environmental disaster & general piece of junk that is a Prius?

Excepting, of course, the delusional.

How's about a VW TDI? Better built, better looking, better handling & better performing than that POS Toyboata, and gets BETTER mileage, to boot.

-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Reply to
vonKevin

I have always had something to scoot around in.... for fun. Prius? Do I look like Ed Begley Jr. to you?

Reply to
Robatoy

A little Subaru sedan with a few suspension treats and 265 HP to all fours. A blast to drive.

Reply to
Robatoy

Genuine concussion and a facial "blow-out" fracture. Fortunately the fracture wasn't displaced. She'll be fine. Thank you for asking.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, for a less money and a little less HP there's the non-STi. Wagon. With lots of space for hauling bicycles or 10' pieces of PVC. And no boy-racer wing. Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Glad she'll be fine. "facial blow-out fracture" doesn't sound good for the patient, but I take your word for it that she needn't worry.

Hope the financial parts get sorted out soon too, and that that clerk gets what he/she deserves.

Reply to
Han

I know what you mean about that stupid wing, although I don't even see it when I drive one. Cop magnet maybe. That wing is on the non-STi version too, and I'll take 305 HP over 265 HP a notable difference. I like it more than the S4 Audi for considerably less money and a much better dealership for Subaru in this city. The Audi guys have lost their prized mechanic and are out of the city. Closest one is 100 KM.

I'm having a mid-life crisis. No motorcycle either. BTDT. I left my knees and shoulder at the Husqvarna altar of dirt bikes many years ago.

Reply to
Robatoy

snipped-for-privacy@h9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

It's a crack below her eye-socket. And they call it a blow-out as it was caused by her marbles hitting the inside of her face.

We were fully covered with a private non-Obama package. and the clerk has been handled.

Down in Columbus, they only x-rayed her neck, looking for fractures, that was it. Lousy diagnostic work.... as we're finding out. Nobody will be using this case history as to how wonderful the health-care is in the USA. (Everybody keep your shirt on, we KNOW this is an isolated case and that you 'murkens do get it right sometimes.:-)

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

It's a crack below her eye-socket. And they call it a blow-out as it was caused by her marbles hitting the inside of her face.

What exactly happened to her" Was she hit, knocked down or???

I know that rugby can be a bit rough. She must be pretty rugged and athletic to participate in this sport.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yes, more HP is better. Watched some of the newsgroups about the S4 before buying the WRX - quite a few reliability problems, and it sounds like the engine bay is very tightly packed, so any repair is likely to be time (and money) consuming. Briefly considered an R4, but it sounded like even more of a maintenance nightmare. The Subaru has been almost perfectly reliable. Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Depends how you calculate "better mileage".

If you mean miles per gallon of fuel then you may be ahead but some of it comes from the fact that diesel gives about 10% more energy by volume than gasoline.

Also, diesel will do better on long trips while the hybrids of all kinds will do better in stop-and-go traffic.

And neither technology is particularly happy at sub -45 in winter. :)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Don't let her drive the STi...'cuz you'd be driving the Forester after that.

Got to say... 305 HP in that thing is just nuts...soooo nuts.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e1g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

I'll avoid Columbus Ohio in the future. I have some kind of healthcare plan that I only (generally) have to pay a small copayment. Kids have their own insurance and the grandkids are with them .

Reply to
Han

Plus you get the excitement of wondering if it will stop or not.

Reply to
CW

...not to mention all that fine chemistry, by the pound, which we'll all have to get rid of later...what, 160 pounds per Prius x how many x over how many years? Talk about a toxic dump. And for what? A 10% savings of fuel?

Live a little:

Robatoy